Sabado, Marso 1, 2014

What If


I was staring outside the window of the jeep listening to my headset. Wondering about life and I have this habit of talking to God like He was really sitting next to me. I was asking God to forgive me. I was so serious at that moment I know I am a sinner. I am not an angel.

When I arrive at our school specifically what we used to called tambayan. I found my dude (female bestfriend) she was singing her favorite line in one of the song of John Lenon. “What if there is no religion”. I was stuck in that lyrics and all of a sudden we discussed about religion. I feel so good knowing that I am not alone in this world having this numerous question in mind. I have already a buddy buddy when it concern to this topic. We have the same opinion about different religion.

She and I avoid talking about this whenever we are with our other friends who have different religions. Because it happens in the past that this two friends of ours talked about it and were just there as if watching a debate that would just end up lets just respect each other belief. Even though I know at the back of their minds there were words they wanted to explain about their religion. I honestly salute this two for they know where they belong to.

It just a simple example. When we tackled about religion their would be so many arguments. Each would depend their belief and no one would want to lose. Me and my dude have different religion but we do have common perception. She is actually a born again and I choir member before. But now she is no longer a church goer. Don't get me wrong she is praying and reading bible. While me I am a catholic to be honest I'm a servant of God before. I'm a choir member and active youth in our community. I attend regularly on our youth bible study. But when I met her everything has change.

I myself look for myself. I attended different religious ceremony. I was able to listen to their explanation why I should be in their religion. They were really convincing and as if I was attentively listening to a brand seller that makes me feel like I should not miss one word. In the end I understand their point but instead of giving me a clear view about God existence its just confused me. As if I was sitting in the classroom having different subject teacher in front of me discussing at the same time. It is really a headache. Religion were fighting and giving criticism against each other. It's real I've witness that and it makes me feel bad.

My dude stop doing so because she notice that they have same religion different churches but having misunderstanding. We also noticed that the religious one are more sinner than a criminal. They couldn't even bare to walk their talk. Its really ironic that the one discussing about Him is the one who really don't have the rights to do. I must rather believe in an ordinary man talking about God but have lots of testimonial experience in God presence compare to a man who couldn't even justify the Lord words.

I am not saying that we must be saint in order to serve God. But at least commit yourself in establishing strong foundation of righteousness against cruelty or darkness. Hence it could not change the fact that we have differences and belief. I never meant to have war or heart to heart talked. I respect every individual choice and decision.

Back to my title what if there is no religion could you imagine how peaceful world would be. It could be better place for faith and only faith. We need no systems to obey but only his words. Everyone were good having a deep connection and relation to Him. Their would be no separation and division in which religion has made. Everyone were all equal and the same. No issues, argument and misunderstanding. We could be united by His marvelous name. But I think it will only be a dream nothing but a dream.

I am a believer I read bible and I pray most of the time. God is actually the center of my life but I guess I belong in no particular religion. For what matters to me is Him. I have Him And He is my God. I have strong and firm faith that no one could break. And only God could claim.

I was born to make mistake and not to fake perfection. We have all flaws in life but for me having sincerity, kindness and good heart towards other creation or people. Has great impact than a church goer who dress well, look good and have perfect attendance but no real blood of being a son/daughter of God. Remember Faith without action is dead.



PS: Im not atheist but I respect them from the bottom of my heart.





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento