Lunes, Pebrero 10, 2014

FAULT IN OUR STAR





TITLE: FAULT IN OUR STAR
AUTHOR: JOHN GREEN
PUBLISHED: 2012
PAGES: 313
GENRE: FICTION
TARGET MARKET: YOUNG AND ADULT
RATINGS 4/5

Why so MAINSTREAM:
I read the book because it is so mainstream. I got curious why people talked about it and even my friend Camille endorses this book to me. She said it is her favorite book so to know the reason why she like it so much the same way other people do. I read the book for one day.

My own summary:
This is about a girl named Hazel Grace who belongs to Cancer Kid Support Group. She has already a life wherein she was box in her routine. Until one night she meets the handsome and curious funny Augustus Water.  And eventually the two become friends and more than friends. They got to experience and try different things that both of them wouldn’t expect that they can do it. That there is still more to life although they we’re both sick. They fall in love even better to each other in spite the fact that they knew that the day will come they have to face the reality of life that was design for them. Which is to die?

What do I feel after reading the book?
I feel sad in a happy way that the book were able to satisfy. John Green was able to put desirable emotions that a teenager can relate. It is one of the good books I read. It is realistic and relatable in a sense that people around the main character react like the normal people must react about the people they love who are in the same situations. I almost remember the movie the sisters’ keeper when I was reading this. I loved the lines and dialogue of the both characters. Here are my favorite lines maybe where the same J


”I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am inlove with you.”
-          Augustus Water 153

“It seemed liked forever ago, like we’d have this brief but still infinite forever. Some infinity are bigger than other infinities”
-Hazel Grace 233

“Everyone in this tale has rock-solid hamartia: hers, that she is so sick; yours, that you are so well. Were she better or you sicker, then the star would not be so terribly crossed, but it is the nature of star to cross and never was Sharespeare more wrong than when he had Cassius note, ‘The Fault, dear Brutus is not un our star/ but in ourselves.”
-          Van Houton p 111


“It will be a privilege to have my heart broken by you”
“That’s the thing about pain it demand to be felt”
“But I believe in true love you know? Everybody should have true love and it should last as long as your life does”
  -Augustus Water

My most favorite:
Augustus and Hazel



Realization after Everything:
 “You don’t need to be perfect to have an extraordinary love story”

Last Message:
  Read the book and do watch the movie on June 2013. Let’s talk about it. Happy Reading J





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento